Sunday, May 31, 2009

Decisions, decisions!

Well, I am going to set up some appointments to visit my units with my ADC. The DC and ADC suggested that I get with my Pack and set up a Boy Scout Troop for the pack. Here's a little history of the Pack: The Pack originated at an elementary school. For some reason, the Pack changed chartered organizations from the elementary school to a Catholic church nearby. The Catholic church has a Venturing crew (unfortunately not meeting with two adults and two Scouts) but no Troop. Originally the Pack had no need to be associated with a Troop because the elementary school, with the exception of the 12 year olds, had no other Boy Scout age boys associated with it. As the chartered organization, the elementary school provides the building where the Pack meets. Since Boy Scouts are 12 to 18 years old it makes since that the school wouldn't have a Troop. Now that the Pack's chartered organization has an association with Boy Scout age boys I think that it would be a good idea for the Catholic church to grow a Troop. The problem is that I already have another Troop, the DC and ADC told me that I can be the UC for the Pack, Troop, and Crew associated with the Catholic church but I would have to give up the Troop I am the UC for.
I actually think I already have made my decision. It would be much easier for me to have all three units that I am the commissioner for in one building and it would be much easier for me to ensure that each unit had an excellent relationship. As I see it, the Pack would recruit from its previous chartered organization, the elementary school. The Pack will graduate its Cubs into the Troop. After the Boys in the Troop earn their Eagle Scout they can move into the Venturing Crew until they are 21. Sounds like a plan to me.
Thanx for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment